CLEARink Displays is a leader in reflective display technology for eSchoolbooks, Wearables, IoT, Electronic Shelf Labels (ESLs), Outdoor Signage and Automotive Applications, CLEARink’s patent protected TIR technology is a superior alternative to existing reflective displays, providing unparalleled video and colore representation, using a fraction of energy consumed by LCD, with a highly competitive cost structure. Founded in 2012, the company has raised over US$20 million in financing from strategic investors such as M Ventures, the corporate venture capital arm from Merck KGaA, and is headquartered in Fremont, California.
CLEARink currently has team members, located in Fremont, Vancouver, Shenzhen and Eindhoven, working in R&D, Engineering, Operations, Finance, Marketing, HR and IP/Legal functions, to build one of the most valuable displays companies in the world. The entrepreneurial team has global experience in commercializing display technologies and its management team and board are among the most experienced in the industry.
For more information, visit http://www.clearinkdisplays.com
Display Process Engineer
As the Display Process Engineer, you will be responsible to scale up the results from R&D team to the pilot and manufacture scales. It includes both materials and processes scale up and qualification with external partners. In additional to work on various material and process improvement projects, you will lead the test panel evaluation team to evaluate the new materials, processes, and cell structures in a systematic manner. As the leader of the team, you will be responsible to arrange the work flow, it includes managing the test request from various team members, arranging the needed materials that involve internal works and external partners, managing the technicians’ output quality and data accuracy. Part of job will involve lab/pilot samples failure analysis as part of quality improvement program.
- Develop, configure and optimize industrial processes from inception through to pilot and manufacture scale.
- Evaluate the current processes, take measurements, interpret data, and make improvements.
- Design, run, test and upgrade the lab, pilot systems and create SOP’s for specific equipment.
- Lead the test panel evaluation team - manage the workflows and outputs.
- Manage cleanroom and technicians to ensure output quality.
- Provide process documentation and operating instructions.
- 5+ years’ experience designing or improving manufacturing processes for LCD displays.
- Broad understanding of display technologies.
- Knowledge of LCD display panel process related standards.
- Working Experience in process improvements projects at lab and pilot scale.
- Lead a small technical team in process development projects.
- Be able to operate standard lab equipment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Demonstration of project planning skill.
- Excellent documentation.
- Self-driven, positive attitude, always curious and passionate about learning how things work and ways to make them better.
- Creative thinker with interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with health and safety regulations.
- Experience with electrophoretic displays a plus.
- Six Sigma trained is a plus
Education and Experience
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in chemistry or engineering degree.
- Proven work experience in LCD display process engineering (5+ years).
- Work in a cleanroom environment.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. In exchange for your hard work and dedication, we offer competitive compensation and medical coverage including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance. We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
To respond to this opportunity, please go to: firstname.lastname@example.org