CLEARink is hiring a team that will develop a new generation of displays. This team will become the future leaders of the company.
We are seeking candidates that are motivated
by the challenge of working on a revolutionary new technology to build a great company.
Candidates must be bright, creative, hard-working, energetic, systematic, diligent team players, with a good command of English. It is very important that candidates are solution rather than process oriented. CLEARink is looking for overachievers willing to work flexible hours to meet schedule demands, and willing to live in, or relocate to California, USA; or Vancouver, Canada.
CLEARink Displays is a leader in reflective display technology for eSchoolbooks, Wearables, IoT, electronic shelf labels (ESLs), outdoor signage and automotive applications. CLEARink’s patent protected TIR technology is a superior alternative to existing reflective displays, providing unparalleled video and color representation, using a fraction of the energy consumed by LCD, with a highly competitive cost structure. Founded in 2012, the company has raised over US$20 million in financing from strategic investors such as M Ventures, the corporate venture capital arm from Merck KGaA, Germany, and is headquartered in Fremont, California.
CLEARink currently has team members, located in Fremont, Vancouver, Shenzhen and Eindhoven, working in R&D, Engineering, Operations, Finance, Marketing, HR and IP/Legal functions, to build one of the most valuable displays companies in the world. The entrepreneurial team has global experience in commercializing display technologies and its management team and board are among the most experienced in the industry.
CLEARink Displays Inc. is looking for an Applied Physicist with a passion for development and commercialization of cutting edge display technologies. This position assists in the research and development of electrophoretic ink systems for CLEARink's reflective display products.
Job duties include:
- Develop methods to evaluate current electrophoretic ink formulations in our retro-reflective display architectures so that our fundamental understanding is increased.
- Collaborate with other scientists in the design, development, and testing of experimental, industrial or medical equipment, instrumentation and procedures.
- Develop measurement techniques to analyze optical and electrical properties of thin dielectric materials and transparent conductors. Identify and quantify critical parameters and educate colleagues on their importance and respective measurement techniques. Material parameters are fed back to physical computer models.
- Develop optical or imaging systems, such as process technologies, or optical systems.
- Develop manufacturing, assembly, and fabrication processes of lasers, masers, infrared, and other light-emitting and light-sensitive devices.
- Conduct application evaluations and analyze results to determine commercial, industrial, scientific, medical, military, or other uses for electro-optical devices.
To perform duties, the applicant must have the following:
- A PhD in Photonics or Applied Physics (MS in a related field + 3 years progressive work experience in a related field considered).
- Previous experience with Python, Matlab, and Labview.
- At least 2 years experience working with display applications including LCD, OLED and electrophoretic.
- At least 2 years experience working in a clean room environment.
To apply, email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE.
CLEARink Displays Inc. is looking for an Electro-Optical Scientist with a passion for development and commercialization of cutting edge display technologies to lead the development of display driving algorithms at CLEARink. The candidate will work closely with Electrical Engineers, Optical Physicists and Chemists. You will be responsible for designing and executing experiments to understand electro-optical phenomena on the CLEARink display technology to develop and implement optimal driving waveforms for customer applications.
CLEARink will rely heavily on the candidate as a key member of a cross-functional team with members skilled in optics and materials to understand the electro-optical characteristics of the CLEARink display module and optimize performance. Additional responsibilities include:
- Research and develop reproducible optical response with different voltage driving on simple test cells and TFT’s.
- Design test plans to quantify and qualify the electrical-optic display performance.
- Participate in electrical-optical lab design and setup.
- Analyze the display on test cell and TFT modules for electrical and optical behavior.
- Design new electrical-optical driving mechanism for every new TFT test build.
- Provide functional design recommendation for TST driving electronics.
- Participate in display subsystem design review.
- Research waveform algorithms.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Engineering Physics, Electrical Engineering or Applied Math.
- 2-5 years’ experience with electronic devices and laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, power supplies and function generators.
- Must be self-driven, always curious and have a passion to understand how things work.
- Have excellent troubleshooting skills and tenacity.
- Ability to work in a fast paced startup environment.
- Great documentation skills, experimental design, and result recording.
- Knowledge of a broad range of optics including imaging, illumination, radiometry and photometry, physical and geometric optics, statistics and polarization.
- Knowledge and experience with color science, colorimetry and visual optics.
- Programming experience: Labview, Matlab, C/C++, python is beneficial.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Electrical Engineer - Waveform
CLEARink Displays is developing next generation reflective display modules with the daylight readability of paper and the colorful video performance of digital displays. The company was founded in 2012 as a U.S. Inc., with product development, engineering, and technology development in Fremont, CA.
CLEARink currently has 20 team members, including eight PhD’s from leading international universities, and a strong portfolio of 25 patents covering optics, device architecture and materials. The entrepreneurial management team has global experience in commercializing display technologies and hands-on experience in managing display businesses in Asia – home of all display manufacturing.
The Company is currently in the development phase and increasing the size of the technology, product development, and engineering teams as it transitions to commercialization.
Waveform & Device Development Engineer
CLEARink Displays Inc. is looking for a Waveform & Device Development Engineer with a passion for development and commercialization of cutting edge display technologies. This position will work on optimizing drive waveforms for electrophoretic displays at CLEARink. The candidate will work closely with Electrical Engineers, Software Engineers, Scientists and Physicists. You will organize and schedule work programs with Sr. Electro-Optical Engineer.
CLEARink will rely heavily on the candidate as a key member of a cross-functional team with members skilled in optics and materials to develop and understand the relationship between waveform characteristics and CLEARink display performance. Additional responsibilities include:
- Develop drive waveforms for CLEARink Displays.
- Study drive waveform interactions with device operation and materials.
- Perform electro-optical measurements on incoming samples.
- Interpret measurements and derive basic properties of the samples.
- Synthesize a waveform through repetitive optimization, resulting in error-free operation of the sample.
- Assist in process and development with R&D team.
- Assist in executing and interpreting process/product reliability testing.
- Assist in QA activities.
- Communicate with internal and external groups for timely delivery of samples; software and/or hardware.
- Work with suppliers for prototype design, evaluation and testing.
- Provide data and work with Hardware and Software display development teams.
- Strong software, firmware programming experience.
- Strong modeling and simulation experience.
- Strong pragmatic, hands-on approach.
- Accuracy in delivering precise results.
- Working knowledge of electro-optical measurements.
- Have excellent troubleshooting skills and tenacity.
- Technical communications skills.
- Familiarity with optical metrology tools and setup for image quality testing.
- Must be high energy, multi-tasker, resourceful problem solver, ability to work under pressure, take initiative.
Education and Experience
- PhD in Applied Physics, Mathematics, Engineering Physics, or Electrical Engineering.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. In exchange for your hard work and dedication, we offer competitive compensation and medical coverage including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance. We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
To respond to this opportunity, please go to: email@example.com
- Polymer Scientist
ALL TECHNICAL POSITIONS require a degree from a recognized university, with a PhD being an asset for all roles, but especially for the scientist roles. Due to the international nature of the company, overseas experience is considered a plus. Compensation will be competitive for a start-up in this space.